Monday, December 21, 2009
Feeling the season so far...
This is my first Christmas season being home based. I was worried at first that it would be hard to get into the festive mood because I wouldn't be seeing parents at school, and other school related stuff but this year has been pleasantly surprising. I have been listening to Christmas music since before Thanksgiving and we put up our tree before the turkey day as well. We have watched a wide variety of Christmas movies, played with our borrowed Fisher Price little people Nativity set, had Family Home Evenings centered around Christ's birth each week, and sang a lot of Christmas songs. I feel more Christmasy this Christmas I can honestly say than in many years past. It is also exciting that Sterling is getting excited ( or maybe a little scared) about the thought of Santa. He has not really wanted to see the Santa guys in real life, and the movie santas can be a little confusing I've decided... there are so many different ones, but I have a feeling he's going to be excited Christmas morning... only time will tell. As far as Gwen goes this year, she is in love with the glowing lights on the tree, looking at a couple Christmas board books we have out, and pulling off a few low tree ornaments. All and all I am so thankful for another Christmas season that has and will be shared with my little family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment